Search This Blog

Friday, December 31, 2010

Past efforts

You must be thinking...how does one let themselves gain that much weight and not DO something about it??

Well, I have tried.  When you hear people like Oprah say, "I've tried everything!", it's probably true.  Sometimes it's successful.  Sometimes it's not.  If you read my last post, you saw that my weight has gone up and down, but mostly up over the last decade.  The downs were a result of a diet.  The ups?  Well, all that they say about yo-yo dieting and gaining back more than you lost is true.  Let's revisit what I've tried...

Severe calorie restriction
Purging
Slim Fast
Diet pills
Weight Watchers
Slim Fast
Lean Cuisine Meals
Weight Watchers
NutriSystem
South Beach Diet
Weight Watchers
HCG drops
Herbal detox
Weight Watchers

It's no typo - Weight Watchers is indeed on that list four times.  I signed up just before the holidays for what I have to believe is the last time.  I really do feel it's probably the best plan out there, and my rebounds in the past have been after I've left Weight Watchers and said, "I can do this on my own".  Well guess what.  My scale tells me I can't. 

I could also add to this list countless gym memberships, including a very expensive and unsuccessful period of time with a personal trainer. 

If there's one thing all of this has taught me (other than wondering how much money I could have saved if I had any self control), it's that there is no substitute for healthy food, portion control and exercise.  None.

No comments:

Post a Comment