Search This Blog

Monday, February 21, 2011

Work it, work it...

Exercise sucks.  I'm serious.  I don't care, you can say all you want about how great it feels, and the endorphins, blah, blah, blah.  I say you're lying.  There are a lot of things that I consider great fun, and none of them involve gasping for breath, sweat dripping into my eyes or sore muscles.  Ok, ok, maybe one thing...

But the reality is, being fat sucks more.  I am still really struggling with getting my eating under control.  I have, however, been a LOT better about exercise. 

I started doing EA Sports Active 2 in the comfort of my basement.  I do have a gym membership, but if you've ever been 100+ pounds overweight, you know that sometimes it's scary to go to a mecca of fitness and tight bodies and struggle to do 20 minutes on the elliptical.  So, it's me and my Wii.  It's actually a pretty solid workout!  We have Wii Fit  as well, and even my out of shape ass knows that it's a joke of a workout.  EA Sports Active 2 really does get your heart going (as is proven by the included heart rate monitor).  It has a 9-week program and you program in which four days you want to work out every week.  If you miss a day, you can make it up on one of your rest days. 

The 9-week program is perfect, as it conveniently takes me right up to the start date of my super intense "fitness makeover" workout program that starts in March.  I'm excited for that, but nervous as well.  I actually had a dream that I came late on the first day, and everyone was already in groups working out.  I walked over to my group - they were doing this torturous exercise that involved one person sitting on an imaginary chair, and then about 10 people sitting on his lap.  They provided pants you could put on for "sanitary purposes".  I frantically dug through the pile of pants so that I could join in, only to find out that the largest size still wouldn't fit me.  So yeah, I'd say there's some anxiety around this... 

No comments:

Post a Comment