Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Seriously?

Today I took a little walk down to our company store.  My job requires that we wear shirts embroidered with the company logo, and I decided I needed a couple of new ones for spring.  I grabbed one off the shelf, and took it to the sales guy so that he could order one in my size with the appropriate embroidery.  He asked what size I wanted, and I replied XXL (all my other company shirts are XL and XXL, so I felt pretty comfortable with that). 

The guy actually eyes me up and down, hesitates, and says, "Are you sure?  Those shirts run small."  I about smacked him. 

Shit like that is (one of the the many reasons) why I'm tired of being fat. 

On a slightly related note, I have to share my new favorite healthy lunch item.  I'm a huge fan of Trader Joes, I do a lot of organic shopping there.  Recently I found their "Reduced Guilt" Pizza Primavera in the frozen section.  It's a personal pizza for $1.99, and it's covered in eggplant, bell peppers, yellow squash and zucchini with a smattering of mozzerella cheese.  It's got a nice flavor of herbs and spices, and really fills you up with all those veggies - look at them! 


No comments:

Post a Comment