Search This Blog

Monday, April 4, 2011

Cardio Week!

What a great weekend - spring is finally here!  We had temperatures in the high 80s, and it was absolutely gorgeous.  Another great piece of the weekend?  All this exercise is paying off, and I am FULL of energy!  I'm still sore, and my knees grumble at me when I stand after sitting too long, but otherwise I feel so good.  Like I'm filled with tiger blood.

I've been working hard at keeping my eating in check.  Saturday was a small hiccup, we had family over and they brought pizza (and chips, and cookies, and brownies, oh my!).  I kept my pizza intake to four skinny pieces over the course of the day (lunch and dinner), avoided the brownies, and just had a few chips.  I focused on family and conversation and chasing dogs around rather than all the food.  Last night's dinner was almost all veggies!  We broke out the grill, and I had grilled zucchini/peppers/mushrooms, a few small potatoes and some asparagus, and a delicious slice of homemade wheat bread.  Nice! 

I'm off to a good start for a great week - which just happens to be "Cardio Week" in my 10-week challenge.  Apparently all the punching/kicking/jumping/hopping/hurling/sprinting in place we've been doing the first three weeks don't count as "cardio".  I'm nervous for what this week will bring, we're to bring our kickboxing gloves every day as well as our mats (ab work evvey day, eek!).  I'm unsure if this is just the focus for this week, or if it will be a lot more cardio going forward.  I wouldn't mind if it is, since I know that's the way to burn off fat.  So far, while I feel stronger and more energetic, I haven't seen a lot of lost inches.  Things are starting to fit better, but I'm hoping the cardio will really start to shed some inches and pounds.

Woo hoo!  Hopefully I'm still able to type by next week!   

No comments:

Post a Comment