Search This Blog

Monday, March 28, 2011

Week Two - And I'm Sick

Last week was week two of my challenge. 

It was a way wimpy week.

On Friday the 19th I came home with a scratchy, dry throat.  By Saturday morning, I was full-on sick.  I spent the entire weekend on the couch in a blanket cocoon, watching "Jersey Shore" reruns and occasionally calling out, "I'm dyyyyyying!", to anyone who would listen.  The dogs were greatly sympathetic and took post on the couch with me, occasionally licking my feet and my fingers (really their only method of comforting others).

I managed to make it to work on Monday, but I couldn't bring myself to exercise in front of people.  I knew it would involve a great deal of wheezing and hacking and sniffling, and I wouldn't want to be next to me in a gym.  I missed Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday - by Thursday, I was still sick, but I knew I couldn't miss another class.  So I trudged into my kickboxing class, all doped up on Sudafed and Robitussin. 

The class was rough - we had a pint-sized instructor, and she was whirling around the bags like a mini-Mike Tyson on speed.  Things had definitely increased in intensity during the second week, and I had been vacationing in Sofa City since last week.  I tried to imagine that I was punching and kicking my germs away, hehe. 

Friday was a lower body workout - the leg work isn't terrible, though my thighs and calves were trembling by the time we were done.  It's the ab work that nearly killed me.  Side planks, bicycles, none of those moves got any easier this time around. 

I'm still sick - I can't believe it's been over a week!  The cough has subsided a little bit, but I'm battling vertigo from all the congestion in my head. 

The good news is I have pretty much no appetite.  I can't taste anything, and the only thing that's appealing is chicken noodle soup.  I've eaten cans of Campbells for the majority of my meals over the last 10 days.  I'm sure my sodium intake is through the roof, but I'm keeping those calories down! 

No comments:

Post a Comment