Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Yesterday's News

I failed miserably yesterday.  I debated not posting, but where's the fun in that. 

Food Log
Breakfast:
Instant oatmeal (strawberries & cream)

Lunch:
Culver's pork tenderloin sandwich
Fries
Medium root beer

Dinner:
Jimmy John's turkey sandwich
Medium iced tea

Snacks:
1/2 sleeve of Girl Scout Thin Mints
3 clementines
1 ice cream bar

Analysis - I effed myself over when I dug into those cookies at 9am.  For me, sugar begets sugar, so if I start the day with crappy food, it screws me over all day long.  For lunch, I was rushed.  I took a late lunch because I had a doctor appointment, and I was trying to avoid taking too much time away from work.  As a result, I ended up eating at 2:30pm.  I was hungry, cranky from the sugar crash after mass quantities of cookies in the morning, and trying to find anything fast on the way back to the office.  Enter the pork tenderloin sandwich and fries. 

Many of my weeknights are packed - I'm away from home from 7:30am to 9:30pm on Mondays.  By the time I was driving home, I was wiped.  I made the mistake of stopping at the grocery store to buy a few healthier snacks for work, and in addition to almonds and vegan "jerky", I found myself throwing a box of Twix ice cream bars in my basket.  Of course I cracked open the box on the way home and wolfed one down.  In a fit of remorse, I tossed the rest of the box out the car window.  I know, litterbug, right?  But I guess I'm glad they're going to waste on the side of the road instead of going to waste on my ass.

After a very bad day of eating, at least I could have redeemed myself a bit with a good workout - I had left a gym bag under my desk so that I could use my downtime effectively.  But alas, I forgot that my gym shoes weren't in the bag, and girlfriend wasn't going to use the eliptical in kitten heels. 

My affirmation?  Today will be a better day.  I have healthy lunch plans in mind, and tonight I have both a workout with my trainer AND an hour of yoga.  Woot!    

No comments:

Post a Comment