Search This Blog

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Confessions

Yesterday started off great with my healthy breakfast.  Lunch was pretty good too.  I even made a killer veggie soup for dinner in the crockpot.

Things sort of fell apart when my husband suggested cheesecake for dessert.  I had purchased a mini white chocolate raspberry swirl cheesecake for NYE - we had originally planned to get together with friends, but when plans changed, I popped it in the freezer for a later date.  It's hard enough to keep your willpower up on your own, but when someone actually suggests eating something decadent, it's damn near impossible.  Thankfully it was a small cheesecake.  It was delicious - and I may or may not have eaten the last piece for breakfast this morning.  I'll just have to remind myself of how delicious it was later in the week when I start salivating over some other dessert.

I also need to remind my husband that it's counterproductive to talk about losing weight, and then to suggest eating half a small cheesecake in a 24-hour period.  I'm still slowly acclimating to not eating whatever I please, it's going to take me a minute to be able to say, "No, thanks, I'll have the celery sticks," or, "Gosh, let me just have a tiny bite of that chocolate mousse dream pie and I'll be just as full as can be".  But I'm working on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment