Search This Blog

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year

Even if you're not a "resolution" type of person, there's something about the turning of a new year that causes one to indulge in a little self reflection.  2011 really does feel like a fresh start in terms of forgiving my food and fitness sins of the past and moving forward.

I admit, I used the holidays as a bit of an excuse.  I started Weight Watchers the week before Thanksgiving, and was less than religious about tracking my points as the holiday goodies rolled in.  I did hold steady - I didn't gain any weight between November 26 and January 1.  That said, it does seem like a waste of time.  I could have been down 5 or 10 pounds by now if I'd really buckled down.  Oh well, no day but today.  Onward and upward.  Hindsight is 20/20.  Live and learn.  Any other trite phrases I'm forgetting? 

I'd like to take a moment to pay homage to the delights of December.  Creme brulee, smoked salmon and shmear, chocolate bon bons, bacon (mmmm, bacon), champagne cake with buttercream frosting, homemade sugar cookies, roast turkey, honey glazed ham, peppermint Oreos, Pumpkin Spice Hershey's Kisses, fresh ciabatta rolls, mulled red wine...oh, I could go on and on.  Sweet baby Jesus, looking at that list, it's a Christmas miracle I didn't gain weight!

Last night was kind of a final indulgence.  My husband and I wound up spending a quiet NYE, just the two of us, and I talked him into going to Red Lobster.  I don't care what anyone says, I love Red Lobster.  But I do live in a no-coast state, so it's not exactly like there are many other seafood options.  I ordered myself 1 1/2 pounds of snow crab legs, a side of mashed potatoes and a side salad.  I had Red Lobster's finest glass of chardonnay with my meal.  Overall, not the worst thing I could have eaten, but probably more than a 20 (Weight Watchers) point meal. 

Today I woke up tempted to break into the leftover cookies or cake, but reminded myself that I don't want to be a fat girl anymore.  Instead, I made a tasty concoction which I'll create a second post for!

I hope you had a wonderful NYE and that 2011 is off to a great start for you and yours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment