Search This Blog

Monday, January 31, 2011

Where did the wagon go?

I'm so far off it, I can't even see it any more. 

This was another rough week.  I've been starting off the day ok, but then it all goes to hell in a handbasket by mid-afternoon.  I need to pinpoint exactly what drives me to overeat/eat crap, and more importantly, figure out how to combat it.  I'm scared to go to Weight Watchers on Wednesday, I'm not gonna lie.

I've been at this point before - a couple of bad weeks and next thing you know, I've given up.  The last time this happened was after our wedding.  I wound up packing on 35 pounds.  I have to get this back under control before I have to rename my blog "189 Pounds".

Let's examine today.  I drove through Starbucks (I had to be in to work a little early, so this was easier than making breakfast) and ordered a fat-free latte and a reduced fat breakfast sandwich.  Around mid-morning, I had an apple.  So far, so good.  I was busy with work, so I didn't have time to think too much about snacking or being hungry.  I had lunch at 11:30, a Weight Watchers frozen meal, some raw green pepper slices, and some organic cherry tomatoes.  I also had a Laughing Cow cheese wedge and a few water crackers.  I didn't have anything else until about 4:30pm.  I knew I had about an hour of work left, everyone else in the department was gone, and I was tired.  I went to the vending machine and got Fritos, a Snickers bar and a Pepsi.  I about inhaled the chips and the candy bar, but I stopped myself after about 1/3 of the soda.  On the way home, I stopped at a Wal-Mart for some necessities, and I swung through the bakery department.  I bought a package of five cream horns and ate three of them on the drive home.  I was so disgusted with myself I tossed the rest of the package out the car window.  I also was embarrassed that my husband might see the package in my car and know what I'd done.  Dinner wasn't too bad - pasta, organic vodka sauce with a little bit of organic chicken.  

If I analyze today, the breakdown started when I was a little bit bored, tired and stressed.  I'm also right in the throes of PMS.  And my lunch was lacking in protein, so maybe my body was trying to compensate.

I will be going to Weight Watchers on Wednesday, and will have to deal with the consequences of my actions - and I'll be looking for the wagon in the morning so I can climb back aboard.  

No comments:

Post a Comment