Search This Blog

Friday, January 7, 2011

(Small) Success!

I'm down 0.8 pounds. 

Honestly, I could go all melodramatic and cry about how hard I worked, and it should have been more...but I'm so not that girl.  I also can't lie to you - you probably saw my post that I ate half a small cheesecake in a 24-hour period last weekend.  I'm also still coming off of a week of holiday consumption where I was, shall we say, less than careful about tracking my food. 

I'm pleased with the result - after my NYE Red Lobster feast (and the pursuant Great Cheesecake Binge), I really did buckle down.  I feel like my results reflect my actions, and you can't ask for much more than that.  I've had weeks in the past where I have lost several pounds, knowing that I had been less than angelic with my eating and exercise habits.  I always felt a little bit guilty afterwards, feeling like I cheated the system, and somewhat fearful that my indiscretions would come back to haunt me the following week in the form of a massive weight gain. 

I feel confident that, with continued efforts like this week, I'll see that hard work reflected on the scale next week.  A year ago I would have been happy that I'd only gained 0.8 pounds. 

And so, I call this a success.  I'm like Bill Murray in "What About Bob?"  Baby steps.  Baby steps to the Gap... 

No comments:

Post a Comment